I keep having this notion that I want to do a year of knitting selfishly. I have little that I’ve actually made myself, and a whole queue of things that I want to make. For me. Now. I sat down and made a list of all the things I’d want to make before starting to knit selfishly. The items slated for others. Because I’m very verbally generous, but knitting time poor.
- ‘K’ hat for my niece. I made her one already, but she grew out of it. Pattern kind of in my head and on scrap paper and graph paper.
- Stocking cap for my niece. I made her one already, but she grew out of it.
- Stocking cap for my brother in law. I did not make him one, but he keeps asking and so it might be time.
- Mittens for my niece. These were almost done, but proportioned wrong for her hands, so I frogged them back to yarn balls on New Year’s Day. Cleansing?
- Mittens for my nephew. (Ravelry link)
- Mittens for my other nephew. Pattern TBD.
- Gloves for a different nephew than the two mentioned above. Pattern TBD.
- Flip top mittens for my boyfriend. Pattern TBD.
- Reknit the cashmere hat for my boyfriend that got all stretched out and was a valuable lesson in cashmere. Plan of action TBD.
- Socks for the boyfriend. I have a couple patterns that I’m choosing from.
- Cowl for my boyfriend’s cousin that we recently found out is knocked up with identical twins. (Ravelry link)
- Baby gift A for my boyfriend’s cousin. No freakin’ clue.
- Baby gift B for my boyfriend’s cousin. See #12.
- Peaks Island Hood for one of the kids I used to babysit who is now 21 but we don’t like to think about that.
- The queen-sized blanket I promised my sister after I’d obviously had way too much to drink. Man, I must love her a lot. (Ravelry link)
- Oh, and the secret santa scarf that is now way overdue and I’m contemplating ripping out again and re-knitting, so let’s not link to that.
A coworker/friend left work today because his wife was FINALLY in labor. She was due on Christmas. I’m definitely contemplating a gift for their wee one.
So then comes the $1,000,000 question. When the hell do I knit for me?
I’ll figure it out. I swear. I will.
But look! Today I mailed these out. (Ravelry link) They’re a pair of mittens for my other nephew, not to be confused with any of the others mentioned above. Prolific bunch, my two sisters. AND, I have almost an entire mitten done for a nephew that is mentioned above. That’s some pretty good progress for January 6 (for me).